Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Moment to Cherish with Justin

The boys and I had a full day of "everyday" fun... nothing dramatic or exciting, just a typical day full of being together. Library story time, running around the house, lots of puzzles, art projects, reading books, lining up cars and trucks, opportunities to practice sharing toys ;) as Nathan learns to crawl and get into big brother's toys, etc.

After dinner, Justin and I went on a walk together down the street while Daddy gave Nathan a bath. Just the two of us, hand in hand, noticing the cars, the rocks, the paint on the road, the dogs, talking about our day, etc.

As we returned home, Justin initiated our last mini-conversation.
Justin: "Justin happy."
Me: "Are you happy, Justin? Why are you happy?"
Justin: "Mommy here."

There is nothing else to say. My heart is full and I am thankful.

5 comments:

Stephen Griffith said...

sweet

Brett said...

Brett happy.

Brett happy sister Rachel happy.

Missy K said...

So sweet-- my eyes filled with happy tears.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to finish your day. So sweet. I have really started to treasure the one on one time I have with my oldest. We used to have all the time in the world. You've inspired me to take her for a walk while daddy bathes our little guy.

Missy said...

Way to go, Rachel. This story makes me want to cry.=) One night I was running late for Bible study and I told Joshua that I hoped I didn't miss Justin saying "Missy" when I came through the door. I was so happy when I got there and made it in time to hear it. He is such a blessing.