Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Quick Hi

Just stopping in to say "HI!"... life is crazy amidst our household lately as students return to campus and i start a new part of my very part-time job. I'm probably going to pull back blogging for a bit to help maintain some order around here. Some semblance anyway!

----------------------------------------------------------
If I had some more time and energy to devote here, here are some posts swirling in my brain I would write about. Any you want to make sure I tackle at some point? Who knows, I'll probably be itchin' to be back here sooner than I think. Writing is becoming therapeutic for me!

our real life experience last weekend with The Big Red Barn

process over product in justin's art

update on nathan and reflections/questions

more cultural observations from our side of town: the used appliance store, the dry goods store, yard sales not in anyone's yards, big southern brick churches, my mom's cultural shock while in our side of town- things from her perspective

recipes to post: what to do w/extras from the garden: zucchini bread, squash casserole, rachel's chicken veggie soup (did i post that already?), chicken bistro

some children's bk reviews

adult bk reviews
including a mystery of marriage update

organizational projects we've been tackling of late

sending off melanie
----------------------------------------------------------

On a logistical note, thanks to the willingness and blog-smarts of my dear friend Marshall, I can now boast a "recent comments" section. Thank you so much for saving me from more headaches, Marshall! This will be a treat to have.

3 comments:

Missy K said...

Hey friend--

I'll miss you when you can't make it here, though I think I am moving into a quieter time on the web myself. I would love to hear updates on both the kids, and book reviews when you have them.

love you girl, as you are moving into this different season.
Missy

Anonymous said...

Take care. I could write a similar post. So many things I would like to convey and so little energy to actually put the words on the screen.

Melanie said...

Love you and love reading about West Asheville from over here. My neighbors include some street dogs, a lady who owns a restaurant that plays karaoke every night and has this girl that knocks on our door every night to come in, and a cute fruit stand vendor who's there for 11am-11pm. Pretty fun, I feel lucky to be in the middle of it all! Missing you. Thanks for sending me off so well. Oh, and one of my teammates looks a lot like Doug and I smile thinking about you guys when I talk to him...:)