Thursday, February 1, 2007

Why you shouldn't read my blog

I'm the most unlikely blogger... so i think you should consider making better use of your time before stopping here.

I'm not well read. I was one of those English majors who read for an idea for the next paper due. I love to learn and think deeply, but I have a hard time making time to read.

I have 2 sons under 21 months old... I have serious baby brain. I often can't find the word i'm looking for.

I don't keep up with daily world events. I respect those who read the newspaper regularly, but i'm not one of them. I usually find out about the latest murder investigation, weather report, world event, or spinach recall from my mother.

Most of my reflections will occur from within the walls of our home. For some that will be thrilling as you, with me, or looking for meaning and wonder amidst the mundane of daily mothering... for others, you'll want more contemplation on what's happening in the world.

I'm not a very good listener. I mean well, but let's be honest, often when you are talking, i'm thinking of my next move. Sorry about that. Again, i'm working on that, but i'm definitely still a work in progress. I tend to think the most interesting people are great listeners... so you might want to be on your way.

Did i mention i have 2 sons under 21 months old? I already have so much on my plate! You may not hear from me for a while, or my posts might reflect some sleep deprivation or much needed editting that i don't have time (or don't wish to make time) to do!

So, read at your own risk... this may be more for me than for you.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Rachel, I love your blog and especially this part. It applies to every time of life, just change the details! Have fun with your babies, it will get easier when they're old enough to go to a friend's house and then you can read a book. Betsy