Saturday, February 24, 2007

Five Years

Yesterday Doug and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! Yeah us! We're celebrating this week by moving into our new digs.... that's why I've been absent lately. And while I'll probably be absent for a while.

But I want to take a sec and thank my precious husband for...

taking the risk to ask me out 6+ years ago

admitting he was wrong about something during our first little fight- spoke volumes to me about his character

not letting September 11th scare or distract him from proposing

jumping ship and joining "my" organization

being such an amazing question asker and listener

being so hot but still not really knowing it

frequently buying me very expensive dark chocolate

being such a fun and loving Daddy to our boys

always expressing how much we have to look forward to in the years ahead in our marriage.

I love you sweetie!

2 comments:

Missy K said...

Happy, happy anniversary sweet friends! We have seen you guys continue to work to intentionally love each other well, to not take for granted.

Please let us know of anything we can do during this time of transition-- or in a few weeks, if you all want to escape the to do list and come down to Greenville for a lunch or dinner.

You bless me, friend. May the Father of Lights bless you and Doug with many, many years of joys multiplied and sorrows divided.

Marshall said...

Congrats, guys. Btw, Rachel, I have enjoyed reading your blog - you are a really good writer.