Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Brothers' Love

Yesterday, I was chatting with Justin about how someday he might have more brothers and/or sisters (not preggers right now, just making conversation with my toddler). It went something like this:

me "Justin, isn't it so fun and special to have Nathan as your brother?"

Justin "Yeah."

me "Someday, you might have another brother or sister. Wouldn't that be great?"

Justin "Yeah. (insert concerned, thoughtful look) Would Nathan still be here then, too?"

Sweet Justin was only excited about the possibility of future sibling(s) if Nathan was included in the mix. I guess he thought I meant we'd have another sibling, as in... trade out Nathan for another baby. Oh, the sad thought!

These boys keep falling in love with each other more and more and I'm so grateful. They bless each other just by being in each others' lives.

3 comments:

TwoSquareMeals said...

I've had similar conversations with Calvin. (I'm not pregnant either.) When I ask him about another little brother or sister, he used to say, "No, just Hobbes," or "No, I like Hobbes." He's catching onto the idea now, though, and asking for another brother or sister. Not yet, buddy!

Missy K said...

{smile}

So glad you are enjoying this aspect of mommying!

Brett said...

Good job on the exercise Rachel...it is not about how long or intense you are doing things when you are just getting started. As long as you get your heart rate up for at least 15 minutes you'll probably get most of the health benefits.

And yes you do totally rock! At 7:15am, especially in the cold, my body feels like its about to break in two if I try to move too fast.

I've heard the plethora of funny Amelia Bedelia comments from Justin through Mom, and they are hilarous...like this one most recently...

Rachel (to Justin): "I'm just trying to watch out for your best interests."

Justin [turns his head from side to side, looking around} (to Rachel): "Where are my best interests?"