Sunday, November 18, 2007

For Bod or Bust (or Pecks) Continued

In this eve-week of Thanksgiving, how are ya? As we head into the eating/visiting with family frenzy, I'm wanting to remember to enjoy myself, try a little of everything, stop when I'm full, and take every advantage of going for walks and playing outside with family.

We have a couple new folks joining our healthy venture: Melanie- all the way from Thailand... making our group truly international since Laura is in too. Welcome!

Our "tip of the week" comes via another newbie Katie P... check this out to map out distances for walking and running... tres fun, mon amie! Thanks!

Marshall has had a great week, running his longest distance EVER- 5.85 miles! Marshall qualifies for the first ever MakingRoomForMore Pecks of the Week Award. Congratulations, Marshall! Keep a look out for your free Dunder Mifflin Anti-Nipple Chafing Cream, coming soon!

The last half of the week, I slacked off in the walking/running department. Doing okay in the eating department though. How are all of you doing with your goals??

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Marsh. Let me know how the creme works.

I've done my pushups three times this week (just 20 right now) and a form of situps with Justin on my legs. 12 is the most i can do of those with his 45 pounds.

TwoSquareMeals said...

I did abs and gluts twice this week and am getting ready to do them again in a few minutes. Took two short walks with the boys, one serious one, mowed the lawn (instead of paying the neighbor boys to do it), and had a serious trampoline session with the boys at the in-laws. No running here, but you won't ever see that from me.

I stayed out of the Halloween candy and snacked on fruit and carrots instead. I did splurge for the Apple Pie I made for a party last night.

Not so good on the water drinking, so I am going to work that in this week. I don't drink bad stuff, just not enough water.

Mommies out there, any good at-home workouts to get those abs back in shape? I know they won't ever be pre-baby, but I would like some muscle tone back!

Unknown said...

I made goal last week. I'm going for a run Thanksgiving morning before the eating begins. I'm thankful for warm weather and good health, family, friends and food.

Anonymous said...

I love For Bod or Bust (or Pecks)! My goal is to keep the weight off that I've lost this year. I have an amazing recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth and is healthy.
Weight Watcher's Pumpkin Muffins
1 pkg Spice Cake Mix
1 15oz can pumpkin
1 indiv cup unsweetened applesauce (about a half cup)
mix in a mixer and spoon into 18 muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 18 min. sprinkle a few mini choc chips on top while still hot. They're great!