Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Multi-Tasking

I've always considered myself a multi-tasker... but after becoming a mommy, my multi-tasking has reached a whole new level. Tonight after the boys were in bed, I found myself:

doing a load of laundry
sipping a glass of red wine
listening to the quiet hums of the boys' monitors as they drifted off to sleep
listening to Poetry Speaks to Children on CD- thanks to Nina's recommendation
emptying cooked, pureed, and frozen raisins and dried apricots out of ice cube trays for Nathan's baby food
cooking green beans in the microwave
dreaming up my next blog post
imagining spending my 6th anniversary with my sweetie in February

Yes, all at the same time. These are the moments I think I am really amazing. I mean, when will the next Nobel Peace price go to a parent, I ask you?
What are some of your favorite multi-tasking moments?? Do share! I can't grant you to Nobel, but I can grant you public access for the rest of the world, via being read here on the www!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Being a teacher has millions of crazy multi-tasking moments. Yesterday I was simultaneously:
-going through one kid's things to help him get organized
-telling another kid he could use the restroom
-talking to a parent about a service project
-looking over a paper of missing assignments for a group of kids
-keeping my class "Shush"ed
-knowing what time it was until recess
-hearing a child tell me about her headache
-telling myself repeatedly "I love my job! I love my job!"
-thinking about what I was going to make for dinner.
How do we do all of this at the time time? You're right.. we're amazing people!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the CD. There is nothing like hearing Robert Frost read Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. It makes reading it to the kids so much more fun because I (at least) find myself imitating the poet's voice.

I hope all is well with you.