Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Seeking Paint Color Advice

Two posts in one night, a new record.

Do ya'll remember our old master bdrm? Deep lavendar velvet duvet on bed, dark "antiquey" green furniture, light lavendar/grey walls... silver and white accents, grey carpet. Very monochrome.

We still have our lavendar velvet duvet and the same furniture. Probably not liked by all, but hey- we love it. I just bought on sale on sale on sale again- the 20%off coupon from BedBathBeyond... beautiful sparkly lav and silver throw pillows for bed. The floors will be medium dark oak hardwoods.

Help me w/paint colors! I want less lavendar and more grey, but i'm not sure. we're thinking of adding a chair rail... and having a more grey/little lavendar wall... maybe a darker shade on the bottom and lighter of the same color above the chair rail. But that might be kinda busy. What do you think? or should we have same color above and below chair rail? Or should I put lav on bottom and some creamy white/neutral color on the top? I would appreciate ANY and all feedback on this one... particularly from you Missy. My blog spouse. :) Or as Doug just proclaimed, "my blouse."

3 comments:

Missy K said...

Bwahaha! I love it!!! Well, my dear "blouse," I would vote yes on the chair rail, and darker paint below and lighter above, like different shades of the same color. I even have some colors in mind (just looked at paint samples this weekend at Lowes), but my stuff is in John's car. I am looking at a gray with a hint of lavender in it for our hall bath-- remember we have the lavender tub.

I really like the chair rail idea and a subtle difference in color. I would just keep anything on the walls very simple, like b&w photographs in plain frames, etc.

Looking forward to our phone date--

Unknown said...

What if you did cream at the bottom with a band of lavendar at the top divided by a strip of molding?

I've seen that look a lot here in SoCal. Chair rails in the traditional spot look kinda dated to me.

Love your blog, Rach!

Rachel said...

Hey there- thanks for your help you two! I ended up picking out a silvery lavendar/grey... darker on bottom and lighter on top. Thanks for the link alana... i think that's a little too funky for me. probably in about 10 yrs when a'ville gets the SoCal styles i might change my mind.