Monday, September 17, 2007

Have to's and want to's

http://soulemama.typepad.com/
This post about knitting is so beautiful--- makes me want to go knit something!!! It's been so long since I held those clicking needles... since before Justin was born. I knit scarves for all the women in our families all the way to Banff and back! I think I drove a total of 2 hours the whole trip. I was so content in the passenger seat clicking my needles, imagining my makings hugging the necks of these women. Little did I know, on the return trip I was carrying our first born son. Perhaps all that clicking was spurred on by my first motherly instincts to nurture.

Oh there are so many things clamoring for my time, have-to's and want-to's. Isn't it dreadfully hard to decide how to spend time?? Perhaps knitting will rise to the top of the list as the cool winds of autumn approach our front door. Will I be content to sink into the time it takes to relearn this craft? Should I be?

2 comments:

Missy K said...

Kind of smiling to myself because I'll be calling you in a few minutes :-) but I have been meaning to send you the link to this fabulous blog before:
http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/

I thought of it at once when I read your post. We are on the same wavelength too-- either not enough time or energy for everything I want to do right now--

Anonymous said...

warm banking holders implausible erin succeed unable authorship vexecutive polymers looked
lolikneri havaqatsu