Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What Do Girly Time, Birth Control, and Family Vision Have in Common?

Do you need some more girly time in your life?
I do! Missy and I are trying to decide between the liquor store and the pawn shop so that we can have said getaway. (I linked her, showing I'm a little in denial that she's leaving the blog world.) Want to join us? Where should we go?

Birth Control. Want to hear the Catholics and the Protestants dook it out? No, seriously. Over here, you'll see a frank but very gracious conversation as we all bring our questions and thoughts to the table. Stop by and leave yours.

And lastly, I am very intrigued and excited about the possibility of creating a Family Vision Statement, as exampled here by a dear friend. I'm thankful he published his. Maybe we'll get to this after we marinate all the raw chicken I bought on sale, catch up on scrap booking, reply to some important emails from dear friends who have been buried in my inbox, catch up on sleep, etc.etc.etc.

So, after I wrote all of this, I realize now that these 3 subjects do- in actuality- relate... how interesting...

4 comments:

TwoSquareMeals said...

Thanks for the link. You do realize you spelled it "dook," don't you, you Carolina fan.

Missy K said...

Hey friend-- Thanks for the link. And I might just be pausing from blogging, not going away. Feeling the need for a new voice somehow. Blah blah blah. . . .

I love the family mission statement you linked to-- thinking my boys might be old enough to play a meaningful part in something like this. And now thinking about how I can, as a mom, say "yes" and "amen" with my life today.

(And I don't mean, "Yes, you can play playstation. . . so Mommy can have a bubble bath, amen.")

Katie W. said...

likka sto. mos def.
it's like a trip around the world encased in pretty bottles!
though, I like the pawn shop idea, too. hmm.

Rachel said...

hilarious! i didn't actually notice i said "dook!" so ingrained after all these yrs... ;)